Lavandula angustofolia seedlings organic
We have 4 hka of lavender fields,in which our plantations grow with big precision and attention.
Varieties of lavenders that we have in our fields:
- Lavender is best planted in the spring as the soil is warming up. If planted in the fall, use bigger plants to ensure survival over the winter.
- Harvest the lavender stems when approximately half of the flower buds have opened.
- Harvest in the morning hours when the oils are the most concentrated.
- Cut stems as long as possible. Gather into bundles and secure them with rubber bands.
- Dry the bundles of lavender in a cool, dark place where there is good air circulation.
- Use your lavender to make lavender sachets—a lovely gift!
What are the uses of lavender?
Use dried lavender in everlasting flower arrangements, potpourri or aromatic sachets to keep clothes smelling fresh. When the scent eventually fades, refresh it with a few drops of pure lavender essential oil.
Where does lavender grow best?
Lavender tends to grow best in sites that are hot and dry such as along a stone wall, on sidewalks, on a slope or poolside.
How big do lavender plants get?
Lavender can grow up to 3 to 4 feet high and wide, depending on the variety.